So your iPhone isn’t charging! well there are a few things to do before chucking your device out the window (or worse, pay to visit Apple Support or a secondary repairer ) For most of us, charging problems result from a blockage in the lighting port, so without further ado here are our 6 solutions to a unresponsive charger port.
- Firstly try removing any debris from the charging port on the bottom of your device, this can be simply done by either using a-tooth pick in a gentle manner making sure not to damage any of the connector pins in the process!
- Restart/hard reseting your iOS device. this can be done by holding the power button & the home button on iphone 6s+ and earlier devices for newer device hold down the volume down button and power button at the same time for a duration of 10 seconds untill the apple logo appers.
- Try a different USB cable or charger or multiple 🙂
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS installed.
- your lighting data cable may not be supported try using a certified apple data cable.
- Contact Apple Support to book in an authorized Apple genius bar appointment for a service technician to exmine your device.